Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Tips!

Good to be back writing again this week after a busy last week getting clients assessments and sessions finished up before Turkey Day. This will be a short blog  because I want to get right to the point. Thanksgiving is a very festive event for a lot of people and it comes to eating and only eating. I am one to speak from experience and  I can pretty much dominate anyone in a Thanksgiving dinner eating contest. (I dare you to try me!) I have also managed to be able to figure out away to eat more on Thanksgiving without feeling that horrible pain of "turkey aches" all over your body throughout the day.

It is a day to celebrate with family and friends. It is also a day to eat and enjoy whatever you want without feeling the guilt of eating too much. I just want to leave with some tips on how to eat more and avoid the feeling of guilt and food overdose.

Tips #1- Eat Breakfast within the first 15 minutes of waking up. Start your day with a metabolism kick start. Too many times people skip breakfast in preparation to eat their brains out when it comes to dinner.

Tip #2- Sacrifice 20-30 Minutes to get in a metabolic workout. Performing a metabolic resistance training workout will drive your metabolism up for the remainder of the day and even into Black Friday.  This workout will allow to eat more throughout the day with your metabolism being elevated.

Here's what I will be doing tomorrow morning-

Front Squats x 10
Seated Rows x 10
Barbell Push Press x 10
Supine Hip Extension w/ Leg Curl x 10
Barbell Push Press x 10
Upper Body Russian Twist x 10
Barbell Lunges x 10

I will Repeat this 3 x for maximum benefits and shouldn't take me more than 30 minutes

Tip # 3- This is the biggest thing. Do not consume such glorified helpings. Be graze eater. Have 1 serving of turkey, sweet potatoes, veggie, stuffing at one time. Wait three hours and then repeat a similar meal. Eating til you are going to explode will throw your entire day off.

I hope these tips are helpful for you during this fantastic eating day! Happy Thanksgiving and tune in for next weeks blog!

JP

2 comments:

  1. Great blog today! I'll challenge you tomorrow John.....:) I'll be eating my breakfast and then putting on my bib :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. John...before we eat Thursday...you should have a group class for everyone!

    ReplyDelete