Friday, January 6, 2012

A Friday Rant...

Ok..here is another Friday rant. I've had a hell of week with meeting new clients, members, and other wanna-be body builders. So I need to let off a little steam from some of the things I have seen and witnessed  this week. Don't be a offended if this is you...or maybe you should get the hint???

Ever walk into a gym on Monday?? I did again this week and witnessed international "Chest Day." Absolutely hilarious...another Monday and the same chest routine being done by everyone. bench, db bench, fly, incline, and some more machine chest press....god forbid you do an inverted row!

Had a lady come up to me and say that she wants to lose 11lbs in 2 months. I did a movement screen on her, did some movement prep, core work, metabolic strength work, and some conditioning in a 30 min killer workout. She was sweaty, got dizzy, light headed, and was completely depleted of energy (not that I try to do that to people..she just has never moved with a purpose). Did not even sniff a piece of equipment. She tells me after the workout that she wants to lose 11lbs by roller-blading with her daughter so she doesn't have to feel like its working out. Told me she could do it on her own...yea..you're a middle aged women who refuses to do any sort of resistance training...see you next year when you;re 22lbs over weight.

It was a Tuesday and I saw all of the same guys who did their chest workout on Monday doing their arms the next day...sweet life! Maybe mix a lunge or a pivot movement in their next week? We'll see....

Watched the Michelle Bauchman get creepier this week...

Ever look at the cardio section any day of the week...I do....everyone is fat! Because that's what you should be doing...does your traditional cardio work for fat loss or weight loss? If it did I wouldn't have 30 clients.

I witnessed about 4,000 crunches and sit ups this week from all people back on their new year's resolutions....Only about 250,000 more until someone burns 1lb of body fat! Keep it up

Watched one dude do curls for over an hour...because that will improve your health!

Squat rack is there for squats,....not curls


Dude with the headphones on.....there is no need to grunt when performing tri extentions....not that demanding on the body ..sorry


I got to tune in to the season premiere of the Jersey Shore with my wife...got forbid Ronnie does a squat...

I've said this before also...if you are looking to make a resolution this year with fitness or weight loss, or whatever and the first thing you ask is...How Much Does it Cost? You;re head is in the wrong place. Don't be a cheap skate...fork over $100-$200 bucks a month and get some fricken help. You have the money...you just blow it on stupid weight loss products, going out to eat, drinking, or unnecessary trips. Go ask for help from a young fitness professional who has his head on straight. The gyms aren't going to help their Join For $1 this week or their awesome $19 a month. Get the hint...Make an investment in yourself and in your health. Pay $400 now or spend 20,30,or $40,000 later in medical/surgery/therapy bills later because you thought you could do it on your own.

 Saw a baby sitting in a car by herself at 9pm at night...sweet parenting.

Had one my clients buy me a 12 Pack of Chobani greek yogurt....awesome!


I'm out of here..Have a great weekend...and guys drink some regular beer (Sam's Adam's Boston Lager preferably)..Maybe you'll it will actually get you to do a chin up next week...but I wouldn't want you to exert that much energy so you could stick to your curls...it's cool.


JP

1 comment:

  1. Have to admit...you did make me laugh! You have to settle down and understand that not everyone gets it, John. As long as you are doing the new researched and proven movements to have the best and most effective results for your clients is all that matters.

    These humorous posts would be great fodder for Michael's scripts!

    I agree...Michelle Bachman is getting a little creepy.....Hopefully she will be going away soon. We need to fill our airwaves with intelligence.

    ReplyDelete