Thursday, December 1, 2011

Do Yourself a Favor!

This will be a quick end of the week blog post. I am picking up a little bit where I left off on yesterday's blog because  I got so frustrated this morning when I got into work. So far today I have seen 4 overweight and de-conditioned females hop right onto the treadmill to attempt to go for a nice long run. They're hoping the weight will just fall right off after miles and miles of running to nowhere. Yes, I said it. You are running and walking in a straight line to nowhere! Let me know when you get somewhere. And if you do get somewhere...I bet I will have beat you there in about an 1/8 of the time.

People...Let me make this nice and simple for you to understand. Running is probably one of the least efficient things you can do for fat loss.My advice for anyone looking to get started on losing weight or is looking to avoid any sort of holiday disaster. Do yourself a favor. Take three days a week and lift some heavy s*** up and press it over your head. Lift heavy weights, using integrated movements, and that will make up a full body resistance training workout.

Do yourself another favor...stay off the treadmill!

JP

2 comments:

  1. John...I understandnwhat you re saying...but at least someone on a treadmill is moving and being active. If their goal is to change the composition of their body...it will probably never happen. If they had a clue how to transform their bodies...they wouldn't be putting endless time in on a treadmill. Just plain and simple...nobody has told them how to transform their body and they haven't read the Cosgrove book either....so there....nothing in their life will change because they are doing the same thing over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not everyone shares in then same enthusiasm as you....so you have to educate your clients that come to you.....you can change some people's bodies, but you cannot change everyone's body who have no interest in seeking out the productive correct ways that have been proven to be effective.

    ReplyDelete